As reported on CNN, a study performed at the University of Illinois indicates a level of racial divide in social networking sites. White students tend to prefer FaceBook while Hispanics preferred MySpace and Asians preferred Xanga or Friendster. There was no clear preference among Black students. They also found a correlation between the socio economic status of the parents and the students preferred social Network. FaceBook users tended to come from higher socio economic status with parents whom had achieved higher levels of education. All of this is interesting, but the most prolific statistic I heard in the report was this. Of all the students interviewed the number of students that had never heard of the former mentioned social networking sites was 1. That’s pretty amazing.
The Races tend to form Cliques on social networks.
Get Small Business Tools, Tips & Tactics!
Thank you for subscribing to the ChooseWhat newsletter. Please confirm your subscription by clicking on the link in your email.
- Sure Your Resume Looks Great, But Have You Ever Been Fired?
- Time Warner Jacks up Broadband Prices for East Texas Porn Junkies
- Google v. at&t in a battle for a $10 billion wireless network
- The Races tend to form Cliques on social networks.
- Let Your MySpace Profile reflect your Bloging Prowess
- Digital Music Taking Over
- Buy the Old West on E-Bay
- Spybot Zaps CJ Sales
- Google offers big rewards for innovations to “Android” mobile operating system
- 80% of US Adults Online
- admin on Buy the Old West on E-Bay
Avatars by Sterling Adventures